General Storm and Emergency Information:
For up-to-date storm information, you can visit the CBC storm centre at:
Please dial 211 to find information on non-profit, community or government programs, including food and shelter. We are available 24/7.
• In the event of an emergency in Nova Scotia, please dial 911.
• For professional health advice in Nova Scotia, please dial 811.
• For road conditions in Nova Scotia, please dial 511.
• For HRM municipal services (buses, garbage, etc.), please dial 311. (Halifax Regional Municipality only)
For information on preparing for an emergency, you can visit:
• Nova Scotia Emergency Management Office (EMO) website at http://novascotia.ca/dma/EMO/
• Canadian Red Cross (Nova Scotia) website at http://www.redcross.ca/where-we-work/in-canada/nova-scotia
• Public Safety Canada website at http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/index-en.aspx
• For power outages please visit Nova Scotia Power at https://www.nspower.ca/en/home/outage-centre/default.aspx or call the outage line at 1-877-428-6004
• For information on preparing for a flood, you can visit:Public Safety Canada website at http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/cnt/hzd/flds-en.aspx
• To find up-to-date emergency or storm information on Twitter: @NSEMO, @canredcrossns, @nspowerinc (or search “NS Power Outages: and choose the Twitter handle that represents your area of NS), @RCMPNS @cbcstorm