We are here to support you this winter and holiday season. Connect with our Community Resource Navigators to get information on how you can get help or give help this holiday season.
Did you know that 211 Nova Scotia’s Community Resource Navigators can connect you with organizations that can provide the following services:
- Holiday food boxes, food hampers, or grocery store gift cards to ensure access to a holiday dinner.
- Sit-down or takeout prepared holiday meals. Meals may be free or provided at a reduced cost.
- Gifts and toys may available for children and adults.
Community Resource Navigators can assist you in connecting with an organization that is providing holiday support.
- Adopt-A-Family programs match people who want to provide personalized holiday assistance with an older adult, a person with a disability, a family with children or others in their community.
- Those wishing to donate money or material goods can be matched with an organization in their local community.
Please call 2-1-1 to find non-emergency information on non-profit, community or government programs, including food and shelter. We are available 24/7. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Hurricane season runs from June to November, with Nova Scotia experiencing peak storm activity in late August and September.