• COVID-19 UPDATE: All face-to-face programming is cancelled until further notice. Staff continue to support people with dementia and their families through the Dementia Helpline and Virtual Connections.
Dementia Helpline/Individual Support
Offers support through the helpline and through regularly scheduled follow up calls.
Talk to support staff on the phone or by email
Call 1-800-611-6345 (toll free) or 902-422-7961 • Leave a message and staff will return your call
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm
Holds a live public education session each week
You can watch via ZOOM, or at your own convenience on their YouTube channel later. Session topics vary. Email email@example.com or call 902-422-7961 for more information.
Website www.alzheimer.ca/ns is updated regularly with COVID-19 and dementia related content.
YouTube channel AlzheimerNS has educational videos that will be helpful for both people with dementia and family caregivers.
Offers a network of caregiver support groups. These groups offer a safe environment where participants can learn, share, and help each other through mutual understanding.
They are a good place to:
- Exchange and share information and support
- Expand friendship and social networks
- Decrease loneliness and isolation
- Express feelings
- Learn from others
- Access current information
Family members, friends, and/or neighbours caring for a person with dementia
Call before attending group for the first time
No documents required
Groups are located across Nova Scotia, excluding Digby, Yarmouth, and Shelburne counties