Licenses and regulates the private security and private investigative industry. Appoints and regulates provincial civil constables (process servers), special constables and by-law enforcement officers. Accepts complaints regarding the security industry and provincial civil constables.
- Individual private investigator/guard applications
- Private investigator/guard business information and forms
- Provincial civil constables
- Special constables
- Private security in Nova Scotia
- Complaints/unlicensed activity
Open to all
Application forms are available on the website. For questions or inquiries regarding applications, the application process, or the status of an application or license, contact the Security Programs office by email or phone. For complaints, contact the Security Programs Compliance Officer by email or phone.