Creates affordable housing options for senior family members by providing low interest loans for additions or renovations to existing single family homes.
The maximum loan available is $25,000 and it must be repaid over a maximum of 10 years. The interest rate is established at the time of approval. If a chattel mortgage is used to secure the loan, the repayment term is a maximum of 6 years.
To be eligible for this program:
• You must own and live in the home you want to renovate
• You must have a good credit rating
• The senior must be 50 years of age or older
• Your total household income is below the established income limit, which varies depending on household size and the area you live in
• The additions/renovation must include a bedroom (minimum of 120 sq ft) and closet space. Washroom and kitchen spaces are optional, but if they are not included, they must be easily accessible.
Contact Housing Nova Scotia
Proof of income • Property ownership • Other documentation is required
$20 fee • Call for details
English • French-speaking staff available upon request