Provides funds for lower and middle income families to build or buy modest housing. A mortgage of up to $70,000 is available.
Interest rates are set when the loan is approved and will be fixed for a 5 year term. The loan must be paid back within 25 years.
To be eligible for this program:
• Your total household income is below the established income limit, which varies depending on household size and the area you live in
• You do not currently own adequate housing, with the exception of mobile homes
• You must have a good credit rating and the ability to repay the mortgage
• You must have worked at least 1 year with the same employer
Contact Housing Nova Scotia
• Proof of good credit rating and ability to repay mortgage • Proof of total household income • Other documentation as required
English • French-speaking staff available upon request