Provides eligible residents with coverage for medical services. Designed to pay for the cost of a wide range of medically required hospital, medical, dental, prostheses, and optometry services with some restrictions. Please call or see website for details on specific services.
Medavie Blue Cross administers MSI cards (Nova Scotia health cards). Your signed Nova Scotia health card must be presented to the healthcare provider and/or hospital each time you require an insured health service.
To be eligible for benefits you must be:
• A Canadian citizen or “Permanent Resident” (Landed Immigrant)
• A resident who makes their permanent home in Nova Scotia
• Be present in the province 183 days every calendar year
• Registered with MSI
Visit website for instructions on how to:
• Register for a health card for the first time
• Renew a health card
• Report a lost, stolen or damaged health card
• Make an address change
• Make other changes
Completed application form